Pain Relief and Exercise
In this post we will cover just a few common types of pain that can occur during pregnancy and how exercise can treat these ailments.
1. Leg Cramps: this can often be caused by a calcium or phosphorus imbalance, or improper circulation in pelvic area or leg.
- Exercise treatment: Be sure to incorporate plenty of warm up and cool down stretching for your calves and legs in general.
2. Ankle Swelling: this can often be caused by the increased weight of the fetus, which can impede circulation in your legs.
- Exercise treatment: Rhythmic exercises such as walking, aerobics and swimming can help to improve circulation. After these activities, you can also try elevating your legs and/or lie on your side.
3. Headaches: this is a common ailment during early pregnancy.
- Exercise treatment: a healthy balance of exercise and rest will help overcome this ailment along with adequate fluid intake.
4. Constipation and Hemorrhoids: this is often caused by an increased pressure on the bowels caused by the enlarged uterus.
- Exercise treatment: adequate exercise will increase blood flow to gastrointestinal tract which will increase mobility and reduce constipation. Water intake is also important here also, along with adequate fiber in your diet.
Pre & Post Natal
For women looking to stay fit during and after pregnancy.