In this post we will cover just a few common types of pain that can occur during pregnancy and how exercise can treat these ailments.
1. Leg Cramps: this can often be caused by a calcium or phosphorus imbalance, or improper circulation in pelvic area or leg.
- Exercise treatment: Be sure to incorporate plenty of warm up and cool down stretching for your calves and legs in general.
2. Ankle Swelling: this can often be caused by the increased weight of the fetus, which can impede circulation in your legs.
- Exercise treatment: Rhythmic exercises such as walking, aerobics and swimming can help to improve circulation. After these activities, you can also try elevating your legs and/or lie on your side.
3. Headaches: this is a common ailment during early pregnancy.
- Exercise treatment: a healthy balance of exercise and rest will help overcome this ailment along with adequate fluid intake.
4. Constipation and Hemorrhoids: this is often caused by an increased pressure on the bowels caused by the enlarged uterus.
- Exercise treatment: adequate exercise will increase blood flow to gastrointestinal tract which will increase mobility and reduce constipation. Water intake is also important here also, along with adequate fiber in your diet.