Warning Signs to Stop Exercising
During pregnancy, it is good practice to listen to your body to be aware if any abnormalities. The following list are some irregulathings that you need to look out for as they will indicate that something may be going wrong:
- Bloody discharge from vagina
- Sudden swelling of hands, feet or face
- Unexplained dizziness or faintness
- Sudden sharp pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Any 'gush' of fluid from vagina (suggest premature rupture of membranes)
- Unexplained pain in abdomen
- Absence of usual fetal movement
- Any irregularity of the maternal heartbeat
- Severe pain in pubic area or hips
- Persistent uterine contractions (more than 6-8 per hour)
More can definitely be added to this list. Your doctor may recommend that you cease any exercise program or he/she may prescribe alternatives. Be sure to consult your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned or anything abnormal.
Pre & Post Natal
For women looking to stay fit during and after pregnancy.